The Governor’s Aboriginal Employment Industry Cluster Program, established by the Department of State Development in 2010, is an employer led initiative that increases the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in identified industries; and facilitates systemic change in participating industries.
His Excellency, the Honourable Hieu Van Le AO, Governor of South Australia, is Chief Ambassador of the Program.
Each Cluster is chaired by an influential employer from that industry.
The Governor’s Aboriginal Employment Industry Clusters Program focuses on four key areas to achieve employment for Aboriginal people;
- Immediate employment opportunities for Aboriginal people
- Increasing the cultural competency of participating industries/ organisations
- Supporting Aboriginal owned businesses to procure goods and services
- Creating the pipeline of Aboriginal people studying the specialised qualifications sought by Cluster employers (for example, engineering, commerce, accounting and science)
All Industry Clusters have an Action Plan that raises the profile of their industry with Aboriginal students and job seekers; promotes the employment of Aboriginal people in identified industries; connects Aboriginal job seekers to identified employment opportunities with Cluster businesses; and identifies training and employment targets.
Below is a list of the employers who are currently part of the Governor’s Aboriginal Employment Industry Clusters program. You can see a selection of their stories here. If you’d like to be part of this exciting program or would just like to know more about how you can support Aboriginal employment in your business register your interest here.
We currently have clusters representing the following industries:
- Accounting and Finance
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Community Services
- Energy, Water and Resources
- Legal services
- Local Government
- South Australian public sector
The following employers are currently supporting one of the Clusters listed above. Please register your interest if you would like to join this impressive list of employers.