Aboriginal Engagement Coordinators
The South Australian State Government supports Aboriginal job seekers to find and stay in employment in South Australia. We work with employers who are looking to employ committed and enthusiastic Aboriginal people.
If you are committed to securing and staying in a job or training then we are committed to supporting you. We will help you with:
- Mentoring support and advice
- Applying for jobs
- Preparing for interviews
- Developing a resume
- Support into vocational training
- Securing an apprenticeship, traineeship or cadetships
- Securing work experience
We have Aboriginal Engagement Coordinators across the state who can support you one on one with any of the services list above.
To find the your nearest Aboriginal Engagement Coordinator call 1800 627 849.
Aboriginal Apprenticeship Program
The Aboriginal Apprenticeship Program offers all metropolitan and regional Aboriginal jobseekers to find an apprenticeship or traineeship. Through the program, the apprentice or trainee has access to a qualified Aboriginal mentor to support them through the contract of training, according to their specific needs and circumstance.
For more information call 1800 627 849.
Aboriginal Access Centres
The staff at Aboriginal Access Centre can help you work out what training or education you need to get the job you want to do. The Centres are based on TAFE campuses across South Australia. Aboriginal Access Centre team members have excellent understanding of vocational education and training. They can:
- work out what skills you have
- connect you with career and work information
- help you get into an apprenticeship or traineeship
- offer a mentor while you are doing your apprenticeship or traineeship
- help you get tickets and licences (driving, forklift, working at heights etc)
- help you get financial assistance for your study
- refer you to other services in the community and out in the region.
There are Centres in metropolitan and regional areas, staffed with people who understand Aboriginal needs. They can help you personally to make sure you get the end result you want.
An Aboriginal Community College in Port Adelaide providing accredited and non-accredited training courses. Visit Tauondi College website.